Code for San Francisco is a collection of creative volunteers working to improve the lives of San Franciscans. We continue to advocate for open public data, we continue to build useful civic apps like Adopt-a-Drain and We Vote, and we continue to work on civic infrastructure like Lighten.
But we want to do more and to do it better. To that end, we are building our leadership team.
Apply to support new members and partners as they join Code for San Francisco and help us grow into a more effective, impactful, and inclusive organization. We are looking for members to help support new member and partner onboarding, as well as folks to support the lead or specialize in specific roles.
Do you greet people with a smile… every time? Do other people tell you how considerate you are? Can you form a personal connection with someone in 3 seconds or spend an hour helping someone to feel comfortable? Are you amazing at following up with people? As one of two New Member Support Leads or a team of Lead Supporters, you will be the front line for both new members and partners and will work with Code for San Francisco members and partners, both new and old, to:
- Help them understand what Code for San Francisco is and does
- Introduce them to our self-starter, people-centered, organization
- Help them build relationships with the right people or projects
- Understand their reasons for coming and make their dreams come true
- Instill a culture of people-centered design
- Actively improve the member experience to minimize attrition.
- Create a sense of commitment, pride and belonging
- Define and improve our onboarding process
- Review and develop methodology and tools for new member engagement
- Monitor members progress through the onboarding processes
- Develop method for an ongoing and effective feedback from member
- Build out and coordinate the New Member Support Team
- Collaborate with Captains, Project Launch Team, and Website Team to assist in the engagement of members
- Communicate onboarding milestones and context for marketing, outreach, funding, and recruiting efforts
- Help new members connect with project teams.
- Ensure new members are familiar with Code of Conduct and foster a feeling of belonging.
- Help new members understand the values and goals of Code for San Francisco and Code for America.
- Work with the Project Launch Team in support of the matching process to help volunteers and teams connect at each stage of their projects.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Seriously amazing communication skills
- Attend virtual semiweekly Core Team coordination meeting
- Attend monthly meeting for Onboarding Team members (coordinated among your team)
- Attend hack nights and Brigade events that generate new members, such as hackathons
- Available for 5-10 hours of communication per month outside of Hack Nights on member engagement
The Team will track the following:
- New members and partners
- Active members and partners
- Other metrics as appropriate